Monday, April 26, 2010

Johnny Come Lately Post: Video Game Rap Music Post


So last week on Kotaku they were discussing a Pittsburgh Rapper by the name of Wiz Khalifa sampling Schala's Theme, music from Chrono Trigger a popular old school video game.
So of course this opened up the flood gates and people began posting songs that highlighted the Rap video game connection.

Here are a few of my faves that I found.
1

I got the Star Baby !!! you mushrooms and punk ass turtles better move the @#$% out of my way !


2
U -N -I kills the Castlevania beat

3
For all The Ole School heads welcome to your roots

4
I could imagine a 7 year old playing this and then Jay Z comes on as soon as their parents enter the room. Hilarity ensues

5

Soulja Boy ain't that goddamn epic !!! WTF !?! Though to be fair Seppiroth being Soulja Boy's true form would explain a lot.

And much props to these guys who have done two albums of video game/rap mashups for your listening pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment